Hi,
I`m stuck in a traffic-jam on the M25 and won`t be able to get to my machine for a while.
You see, Im learning how to deal with computers and Post Offices and stuff. I have to, if I want to get Celts v Romans to a book-publisher. Life just keeps on being hectic.
Luckily, I`ve bee sent to stay with a friend called Caitlin, who knows about Celts.Well, she`s a friend now. She has black thing called a Blackberry and I can use it to go on my blog. I expected it was going to be purple and lumpy. Like a blackberry. Shows how much I know. But I will get the hang of it all. She is driving me out to Wales, wher her people have a house and I can settle myself down.
This is a very weird feeling. I`m surrounded by cars and great big lorries, belching smoke. Only a few days ago I was in Ancient Rome, running down the street from soldiers throwing spears. When they had me cornered I leapt over a wall, expecting to break a leg or something, Instead I landed in the River Tiber.
It was a really smelly just at that point, where alot of sewers came out, but at least I escaped. Here the noise gives me a headache. It was nearly as bad as Rome, with all the cart wheels rattling. And people crying thei wares. That means yelling about whattheyhad to sell at the tops of their voices. I`m sure you won`t think I`m being silly when I say I prefer people to machines.
More about all that when I get somewhere safe. And quiet. The Romans were very fierce. I`d rather run with a wolfpack than speak to Roman soldiers. It takes me a long time to get used to cities, even though I have been back & forth several times. There are a few good things about them, like buses and the Underground. And restaurants and theatres. And the zoo.
But give me a wash in a lake up the high hills anytime.
Back as soon as I can
Conor
The Testaments, 34 years in the making: the longest gaps between sequels
-
The three decades between The Handmaid’s Tale and Margaret Atwood’s much
anticipated follow-up makes the wait for George RR Martin’s The Winds of
Winter ...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment